This is a FREE supervised 10 week program of progressively increased running and decreased walking activity. Run/Walk from our store on the Great Western Trail near the store in Carol Stream. The program culminates in a 30 minute continuous run and an optional 5K (3.1 miles) race as a graduation event. The program also includes: Mini Clinics on Nutrition, Stretching, Running Form, and Injury Prevention.
All ages and paces welcome!
If running is not for you, join us for our Walk N Talk option during our Walk2Run Program.
Walk 2 Run Session 1 dates for 2020 are as follows:
- Mondays 6:30pm March 23rd – June 1st
- Saturdays 8:30am March 21st – May 30th
- Graduation race for session 1 is the Cosley Zoo 5K on June 6th
Walk 2 Run Session 2 dates:
- Mondays 6:30pm June 15th – August 17th
- Saturdays 8:30am June 13th – August 15th
- Graduation race for session 2 is the Stop Hunger 5K on August 22nd
Walk 2 Run Session 3 dates:
- Mondays 6:30pm August 31st – November 2nd
- Saturdays 8:30am August 29th – October 31st
- Graduation race for session 3 is the Cantigny 5K on Novemver 7th
Walk N Talk Option
Want to join us for 30 minutes of cardio every Saturday morning but should not or do not want to run? Our Walk N Talk option gives you the option to walk at an increased speed instead of running during the run segments of the program. It’s a great way to get moving!
8 and Up Run Club
This 10 week program runs in conjunction with session 1 Walk 2 Run on Monday nights and is meant to make youth running fun. This will be led by two staff members with drills and games. It’s a great introduction to running!
For more information call (630) 665-3316 or email Debbie Crawford at email@example.com